Re: [MiNT] New HSMINST.XDD

On Mon, 26 Jul 1999 17:20:44 +0200, Ingo Schmidt wrote:

> > If you have GEM-applications that can't use MiNT's devices but
> > needs RSVF, you can easily fool MiNT to copy the RSVF-cookie
> > too during boot. It's a hack, but it works...:
>
> Uah, I think Frank goes through the roof if he sees that ;-)

Why? ;-) You can do all sorts of wonderful things with a binary
editor ;-)

> But doesn't this hack mean, that MiNT doesn't find the RSVF cookie any
> more at all? That also wouldn't be too good, would it?

No, the first occurence of the string is where MiNT search for RSVF.
The second occurence is the test MiNT does to omit the RSVF-cookie from
the new cookie-jar.

> But thanks anyway for your help. Now I know what I haven't tried out yet
> and what I'm going to try. Let's see what happens :-)

I suggest that you simply run HS-Modem before MiNT and ditch everything
else. If HS-Modem itself works properly on your Milan you shouldn't have
any problems.

/*
**
*/