Re: [MiNT] New HSMINST.XDD

On Mon, Jul 26, 1999 at 05:20:44PM +0200, Ingo Schmidt wrote:
> > That's because you're using the TOS xbios-devices which are very buggy,
>
> They are still buggy in Milan TOS? Michael?

I don't hope so. Although you are not using them anyway - you said you have
the HSMODEM drivers in the auto folder, which means you can't access the TOS
routines.

> > You don't need RSVx or the XDD at all to run MiNT-Net. Just run HS-Modem
> > before MiNT and everything should work just fine.
>
> Ah, well, that´s something new which I haven´t tried yet. Ok, I´ll try
> this.

I guess it might make problems, or at least be quite sub-optimal: AFAIK,
MiNT does not have a builtin interface to the HSMODEM drivers, which means
that MiNT must call HSMODEM via the BIOS interface for every single
character, instead of doing a block Fread/Fwrite (which should work with the
XDD).

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen