Re: [MiNT] New HSMINST.XDD

Jo-Even.Skarstein@gjensidige.no wrote:

> That's because you're using the TOS xbios-devices which are very buggy,

They are still buggy in Milan TOS? Michael?

> If MiNT finds the RSVF-cookie when it boots, it saves it's value for
> "personal use"

Ah, ok, now I start to understand.

> RSVx.PRG is a hack that works around this:

Yes, I know, as I´ve been working myself through the sources of RSVX as
well as hsminst...

> You don't need RSVx or the XDD at all to run MiNT-Net. Just run HS-Modem
> before MiNT and everything should work just fine.

Ah, well, that´s something new which I haven´t tried yet. Ok, I´ll try
this.
But it also didn´t work completely without HSModem, well it did work
somehow, at least it was the first time, that my pppd was communicating
with the university one.
But it then received two unknown options which it rejected, so the uni
pppd started the configuring process again, of course with the same
results. After several attempts, my pppd gave up.
I´ll post the details tomorrow, as I haven´t got them here at uni.

> If you have GEM-applications that can't use MiNT's devices but
> needs RSVF, you can easily fool MiNT to copy the RSVF-cookie
> too during boot. It's a hack, but it works...:

Uah, I think Frank goes through the roof if he sees that ;-)
But doesn´t this hack mean, that MiNT doesn´t find the RSVF cookie any
more at all? That also wouldn´t be too good, would it?
But thanks anyway for your help. Now I know what I haven´t tried out yet
and what I´m going to try. Let´s see what happens :-)

Cheers, Ingo =;->