Re: [MiNT] DHCP for MiNT-Net?

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Would DHCP be difficult to port for MiNT-Net?  More and more
> Cable-Net and home-ISDN services require this to auto-fetch a
> dynamic IP.  Getting a fixed IP is becoming too much difficult.

Usually with ISP's, they assign you one when you make the connection,
which isn't DHCP at all.

With some straightforward - ish, scripting in /etc/ppp/ip-up you can set
up your interfaces, routes, et al, in such a way. The STiK/STiNG
documentation, last time I looked at it, gave some tips on how to find it
out. And the default /etc/ppp/ip-up has enough comments to figure out the
rest.

I could be massively wrong here :-)

Salut/.

J/.