Re: [MiNT] MiNT-Net 1.04 available

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Martin-Eric Racine wrote:

> > You will find the archives under
> > http://www.Torsten.Lang.net/MiNT-Net/net-1.04b.tgz (Binary Release)
> > http://www.Torsten.Lang.net/MiNT-Net/net-1.04s.tgz (Source Release)
>
> ...which cannot be accessed using Netscape, because anything with
> .t?? is assumed to be plain text, unless clicking on a link and
> holding shift, which force-downloads the link as a binary.

This isn't netscape fault, it's up to the HTTP-server to tell netscape
what type of file it is. Torstens http server reports it as text...

Simple test:

& lynx -head http://www.Torsten.Lang.net/MiNT-Net/net-1.04b.tgz

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 15:02:26 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.6 (Unix)
Last-Modified: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 21:00:02 GMT
ETag: "1f313f-5a6eb-379391d2"
Accept-Ranges: bytes

---

As you well can see, it reports it as text/plain, thus our browser shows
it as a text file in plain ascii.

The MIME-type file distributed with apache seams to lack .zoo and .tgz as
standard filetypes and defaults to sending them as text/plain.

//Robert