[MiNT] Questions concerning the new MiNT-Net release

Hi there,
it's not a day since release and I receive the first questions. Since there are
things that ARE explained in the documentation (which I also updated!) do read
first and ask only if you do have problems with certain things. I will NOT
answer mail concerning things explained in the doc/man. It it looks impolite to
you: Think of that answering any question again and again costs a lot of time
missing for other important things. And since I have a job beneath my spare
time and even other projects...

Q: Netscape download problems
A: There is no way for ftp download (that's a limitation of this web-site). So
the only thing - if you dislike this way - is to remove the package again. It's
not my fault when some browsers behave strange (we had enough enough trouble in
doing special fixes for Microshit and Netcrash applications for the MiNT'98
distribution - I will not do special fixes for broken browsers on my homepage
anyway when I set it up completely).

Q: Disabling FTP support
A: Simply don't use an ftp client in active mode over a masqueraded connection
as it would send wrong data without the ftp patch. In passive mode the client
shouldn't send the problematic port commands which are needed to create a
connection from the server back to the client.