Re: [MiNT] memory fragmentation

Hi!

On Tue, Aug 17, 1999 at 11:12:50PM +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
> Well -- any memory which is Mxalloc'ed as non-private needs to reside in a
> global memory space. Where's the problem???

Well, because /a lot/ of applications don't use Mxalloc() for
AV-protocol - I know that's a problem of these applications, but they'll
a refuse to work, wherease with MP, simply setting the program flags
helps. Or we'd have to keep all non-private memory global, which seems a
waste ;)

SLBs would also be affected, btw.

Ciao

Thomas