Re: [MiNT] TERM=stv52 over SSH

Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
> I'll be damned.... tw100 works fine, in most cases.  Sometimes (such
> as for Pine) I have to type TERM=vt100 in the commandline before, but
> otherwise, it rolls.  However, stv52 definitely causes problems.
>
> So.... Seems to be a termcap/terminfo/ncurses problem, isn't it?

When I added the vt100 extensions for tw100, I only had NetBSD & SunOS
(termcap) and Solaris 2 (terminfo) machines to test against.  I used to
use it with no problems with my TERM set to vt100 [*].  If you let me know
what the problem is, I might be able to fix it (it's a long time since
I used it - my TT runs NetBSD (almost) exclusively these days).  I didn't
realise people were still using it - I thought it was superceded by Toswin
II.

If you suspect a termcap/terminfo problem, you could compare the two
entries and try to spot the sequence that causes the problem.  The tw100
entries that I created were basically vt100 with extensions (window title
and I can't remember what else), so using a plain vt100 entry shouldn't
cause problems.

[*] I never got around to adding proper G0/G1 character set support, but
nothing I used needed it ...

--
                         Of course it runs NetBSD
                          http://www.netbsd.org/