Re: [MiNT] Userdefs & MP

Hi!

On Fri, Aug 20, 1999 at 02:12:19PM +0200, Johan Klockars wrote:
> Since the AES and VDI must be able to address those areas, there should be
> no difference for user defined objects, right?
> I'm not saying that this is a good idea in the first place, but that's
> how it's currently done.

Correct. The AES has to set the F_OS_SPECIAL flag (can't remember
exactly how ATM), which means this process automagically gains global
access to all other memory.

Of course, some care has to be taken in such a process that there's no
(or at least no easy) way to abuse that by client applications. (A
situation a bit similar to suid-root-binaries.)

Ciao

Thomas

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de