Re: [MiNT] Current beta problems - solved

Hi!

On Fri, Aug 27, 1999 at 01:06:00AM +0200, Jörg Westheide wrote:
> Let me have a guess:
> Your version is not reentrant.
> (May I have a diff?)

Well, it's just as reentrant as your special workaround code, i.e. it
uses additional fields in the context struct. I can send you a diff, of
course, but not at the moment (the Milan is switched off).

> The reentrancy (which is needed for background DMA) is the reason why I
> sacrified preserving a0 and a1 (and that's also the reason why the
> workarounds are the way they are)

Sure, but reentrancy will only be possible at kernel level, anyway (i.e.
no GEMDOS call of the same process may be made within a GEMDOS call),
because the context concept doesn't allow that, unless I'm missing
something. But for background DMA, that wouldn't be a problem (again,
unless I'm missing something ...)

Ciao

Thomas

--