Re: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

Guido Flohr <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de> writes:

|> Hi,

|> > Found. ;-)
|> >
|> > Btw, I edited mine _not_ to use a global "tooldirs" (or whatever
|> > it was called) because FHS doesn't put everything in /usr/bin
|> > (which KGMD symlinks to /bin).
|>
|> Yes, folks, and if you want to benefit from the goodies that Frank
|> and me are preparing for yous, you should change that now (to get
|> acquainted with the problems arising from that).  The directories
|> "/usr/bin" and "/bin" (the same applies to "/usr/sbin" <-> "/sbin"
|> and "/usr/lib" and "/lib") should be distinct. They should /not/
|> be symlinked to each other.

Why?  If /bin and /usr/bin is on the same file system then it doesn't
matter, and on MiNT it doesn't matter anyway since you don't have to mount
the partitions explicitly.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."