RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

No, I'm not. The only reason why there is a MagiC version of SPIN is that
Andreas Kromke has done the dirty work for me :-)

But just to make sure I understand the issue: each filesystem would have to
support Fattrib on the root cookie? Doesn't sound like a big deal...

> While thinking about it: another possible solution could be to "hack"
> f_xattr() for that. E.g., on each filesystem's init(), a cookie (or
> better: just the index value) of its root directory would be saved for
> later reference (only if 0 <= dev < 32). In f_xattr(), one would then
> compare the referenced cookie's index field to the corresponding (i.e.
> dev-matching) saved entry, and on a match the hidden flag would be
> added.

Hmm, this would restrict the solution just to "standard" drives, for some
XFSses it couldn't work...

> One problem would still remain, though: GNU-ls cares a sh*t about GEMDOS
> attributes, so the drive entries hidden by this method would still
> appear in the output of ls /. This might be different for your
> (Julian's) ls.

In that case the "problem" can be resolved even easier by renaming U:\a to
U:\.a, correct?