RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

Basically what you're saying is "Frename() won't work across filesystems,
because Frename() doesn't work across filesystems".

But if the kernel actually supported arbitrary mounting-points, is it
impossible to use Frename() on U: to actually move these around? That was
the whole point of my suggestion - there are other ways to implement
mounting than the traditional unix-way.

> But then those programs would rely on the user setting up the system
> correctly. It's much better to keep the mounts on U:\ and just hide them
> from shells / desktops.

If it can be done it's ofcourse the best solution. But I don't see a point
in hiding these just to hide them, if you can't move then mount-point around
I don't see any point in changing it at all.

Jo Even Skarstein