RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Sat, 7 Aug 1999, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

>   Hmm...okay-I'm not expert so slam me if necessary, but I've had fsck
>   not fix a reported problem, after running it, and multiple reboots. What
>   I was told to do was boot immediately into Bash, and then run it with
>   nothing else inbetween.

That's right, because then no other processes have files open to the
filesystem. However, the easier way is to start fsck from mint.cnf before
execing anything else. It should be ok then (you can tell by the fact that
the "could not sync or lock" warning is not shown). Usually init.prg is
the problem.

>   If this has nothing whatsoever to do with what you are talking about
>   then I plead ignorance/temporary insanity/(or like Jo Even)I'm drunk!

Well, sorry to disappoint you, but you were completely right. :)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |