Re: [MiNT] funny one

> >    stunned silence ensued, followed by, "Atari? As in 2600?". I laughed
> >    so hard I got tears in my eyes... ;-)
>
>    Well atleast he knew Atari.. Operator asked me, "Whats that?"  :)))

Some great quotes from our great (and according to the providertest,
lousy) provider WorldAccess:

(Amazed:) "Sir, are you trying to tell me you want to access the Internet
on a GAMEcomputer?" <- Helpdesk :)

When I applied for a WorldAccess account (yeah I regretted it in the end,
I know) I filled out on the form that I had an Atari, and that they didn't
need to worry about sending me software because I already had it. Two days
later, I got a call from the helpdesk.

"I see you already have software. Are you sure it's really Internet
software, not just communication software?"

And later on:

"Well we'll send you a Windows CD anyway, since we have to send you
something. As soon as we get our hands on Atari software, we'll send you
that too."

First of all, I never got the Windows software (ooh bugger), but above
that there have been quite a few user's websites on WorldAccess supporting
Atari Internet software (including my own site), but looks like they never
managed to find the software after all. :)

Btw, those Atari sites on WorldAccess are all gone, because all Atarians
have moved to Demon Internet by now.. :) (Which has Atari Internet stuff
on their BBS and FTP sites).

There's a lot of clueless providers around.. and some good ones. :) (Heck,
Casema doesn't even want to support Linux, even though they use it on most
of their own servers). :)

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |