Re: [MiNT] TERM=stv52 over SSH

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Steven Moore wrote:

> I've also seen atari_st and/or atarist in and around some termcaps...
> (Digital something-or-other) - they pretty much all know us, but by
> another name.

Hmm, that's interesting to know. So in case st(v)52 is not known, might be
worth to try TERM=atari(_)st?

> > And for stv52 :) Well, I guess it's still possible..
>
> Yes, I got your hint.. not that there's much difference, just the
> texteffect and function key stuff :)

Yes well, once you create a login script that checks for "stv52" as TERM
and changes it to "st52", it's not so annoying anymore. :) Most amazing
thing is that when I telnet to a linux box from my MiNT machine, the
cursor keys will work where they wouldn't work in Linux. :) (The downside
is that the reverse also seems to be true.. oh well) :)

> I am working on vt100, yes... but not tonight. <grin>

I can wait a day. :) Btw, I still never saw the slightest glitch of color
on my vcons. I tried it by telnetting to my linuxbox and running stuff
like colored ls and stuff. I've been trying with different TERM settings,
but all I get is either printed control codes, or just plain output, but
no color in both cases. Anything else I need to do besides setting a 16
color resolution in /etc/resolution? Is it really supposed to work with
the original stv52 termcap entries? I mean isn't it new for stv52 to
support color at all?

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |