RE: [MiNT] MiNTLib 0.52.3b

On Fri, 6 Aug 1999, Lonny Pursell wrote:

> On Fri, 6 Aug 1999 15:44:28 +0300 (EEST), Martin-Eric Racine wrote:
>
> >Btw, I haven't tried Samba yet, but NFS definitely doesn't work
> >right with non-MiNT systems.  My admin reports it won't respond
> >to authentication requests.  Also, doing 'ls' on /nfs shows the
> >content of /proc instead of what's in it, every couple of times.
> >Could this be caused by the nfs.xfs client?
>
> Probably not caused by nfs, but by the lack of any real identd
> under mint.

Well, identd, although i don't know if nfs really use identd, but it is
true it is quite a task to have a proper identd for MiNT as we are missing
the structure for tcp (in /dev/tcp or /proc/net/tcp, don't remember).
If anyone has an idea about implementing this, would be nice, I think
mario saw how to do it, but he is VERY busy right now :) many projects
(juicy ones ;), Bernd, any chance, or ideas about ident? or authd or
whatever.
How do you know who owns a socket? and if an update is to be made to
MiNTnet, could it be as cross compatible as possible?

It is not that vital I think/thought, After all we've been using MiNTnet
for years now without any real problem.