Re: [MiNT] KGMD & NMD

 Hi, Ben!

On Mon, 6 Sep 1999, Ben Hills wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> After recently re-arranging my hard disk to make some space
> for Linux I have lost my KGMD setup. Before you all say why
> didn't you back it up, this was intentional. My KGMD setup
> was a bit of a mess and so I thought it would be a good
> excuse to re-install it.
>
> I own a Hades and unfortunately KGMD will not install
> on a Hades 'out of the box'. The first time I installed
> KGMD I overcame this problem by installing it on my
> Falcon and then copying it across to the Hades. The
> problem I have now is that since wiping my Hades
> hard disk my Falcon has stopped working and so I can
> no longer use this method of installation.
>
> Is there a patch available that would allow me to use the
> KGMD install program on my Hades, or can anybody think of
> anyway I can re-install KGMD?
>
> Alternatively, what about NMD? Is it available yet, and
> would it be worth installing NMD rather than KGMD?

 I had the same experience when I tried installing KGMD on my Hades060 for
the 1st time. I found out that it was the MiNT version in the KGMD
distribution that crashed on my machine. So, what I did was to get the
Hades-patched MiNT from the belgium ftp site, ftp://193.190.204.128, and
got it from there. I seem to remeber there are two version of a patched
kernel for the Hades, but I don't remember which one I used. Anyway, take
that kernel, rename it to kgmdinst.tos and put it where the original
kgmdinst.tos is and it should install. Once this is done, and you have a
working setup, go get the latest kernel and stuff, and you're set :)

 Hope this helps.

 Odd Skancke - oskancke@online.no