Re: [MiNT] Detecting serial-devices

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Katherine Ellis wrote:

> I believe in the same theory, everytime you switch ISP you need to edit
> your /etc/resolv.conf   is that expected? I believe so.

Not necessarily.  All resolv.conf says is which nameservers to
use and which domain to append to hostnames, when an FQDN must be
constructed.  In a single-user / single computer situation, one
may keep the same nameservers with no side-effect, since most
ISPs don't restrict outside access to their nameservers.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk