Re: [MiNT] Detecting serial-devices

> >       hosts.d/
> >       domainname.d/
> >       hostname.d/
>
> I don't quite see why you need separate hosts, hostname and domainname
> for
> different providers - after all, these are only used locally. You should
> only need different nameserver setting and dialup settings.

IIRC, I did it because I use pine for email, and it would get my email
address wrong (domainname + hostname). I could probably do it a different
way, but that was easiest for me. I take your point about hosts, although,
one of my ISP's uses static IP, and another, if I want to pay extra, each
month, will allocate me a static IP, as well as free calls at the weekend.
In this case, this is a consistent, and easy way to implement different IP
addresses for the same hostname.

Salut/.

J/.
__