Re: [MiNT] What's in, what's out?

> > Yes. But do you think it's such a good idea to add a text-based
operating
> > system interface just to make life easier for a few shell scripts,
rather
> > than defining a proper (and more efficient) binary interface?
>
> Yes.  A machine can read both machine-readable files and human-readable
> files.  Most humans tend to feel better with human-readable files.

Except for programmers, who I would hope are all capable of handling binary
interfaces... and being an API, I would hope that only programmers are
looking at it directly. Therefore, surely the more efficient (binary)
interface is appropriate.

Make some tools (or make it an XFS) to query the real API if you really feel
it necessary to provide this through human readable files on a filesystem,
but that is not the most appropriate way to query the information as far as
a programmer is concerned, and that is who API's are for, remember.

Anthony
Anthony Jacques           AnthonyJ  | The boy stood on the burning deck
anthonyj@jacquesa.freeserve.co.uk   | Twit.
   http://ultra.quake2.co.uk/       |             Spike Milligan