Re: [MiNT] Memory protection and speed

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 15, 1999 at 03:14:42PM +0100, Odd Skancke wrote:
> slow-downs. The only thing I'm waiting for now are a couple of flags in
> the program header with which one can set the desired cache-mode ;-)

The program format introduced with the GNU-binutils 2.9.1 has about 200
Bytes (Bytes! not Bits!) free for such extensions.  Currently the MiNT
kernel completely ignores the new format (because it is compatible to the
old one) but it would be no problem to add code to detect and evaluate the
new header.

Ciao

Guido
--