RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

Sounds reasonable. And if this field can be inquired, it can also be used to
display the "right" thing in ps.

> > > dynamic linker & stuff. So that process does not actually
> have to actively
> > > "open" anything, but the system does all necessary linking
> automatically
> > > at the time the bin is loaded.
> >
> > At least in my test application, I have moved the Slbopen() (or is it
> > Slbload()) into the function proxy. Then I can decide about
> static/dynamic
> > linking by linking to the old library, or the SLB proxy. No
> change in the
> > source code at all...
>
> But still, the code for "dynamic linking" this way is linked statically
> (program is bigger).

Yes, but I am talking about a method which has been working in MagiC and
plain TOS for over a year now -- nothing that is currently being designed
and then is likely to be a MiNT-only approach...