RE: [MiNT] Was: /proc, will be: /sys

> > Process state is 'stopped'. I think we can stay at this, as all libs are
> > 'stopped' most of the time. Anyway, perhaps you're right, I'll look at the
> > procfs.c when I'll be back home.
>
> Isn't the file attribute not just a representation of the process state? In
> that case I would find it a bit confusing to have different file attributes,
> but the same run state...

Yes it is. But an SLB (in Gryfs implementation) is really a process that
started but has been stopped (with SIGSTOP). This works perfectly, and all
the modification I could do is visual - so that ps could display this as a
"library", not as "stopped process". Considering the lib receives SIGCONT
when it is closed (so that it shuts down), I don't think there should be
done anything related to queues.

There's yet another problem - such lib can be killed with SIGKILL. So
what about a field in the proc struct, that could indicate the process
being signalled is a library, thus killing is undesired?

I don't know - thus I am asking around for opinions... :-)

> > dynamic linker & stuff. So that process does not actually have to actively
> > "open" anything, but the system does all necessary linking automatically
> > at the time the bin is loaded.
>
> At least in my test application, I have moved the Slbopen() (or is it
> Slbload()) into the function proxy. Then I can decide about static/dynamic
> linking by linking to the old library, or the SLB proxy. No change in the
> source code at all...

But still, the code for "dynamic linking" this way is linked statically
(program is bigger).

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.