RE: [MiNT] /proc

> > Or accept SLBPATH as just a path to ONE directory which contains all SLB
> > binaries (this it could be just pasted to the library pathname), instead
> > of being a PATH-like string which is a list of folders to search through
> > (such searching must have been done inside the kernel? in supervisor mode
> > for SO LONG?)
>
> As I said before, the disadvantage is that all this code needs to reside in
> the statically bound part of the binary.

I meant, that the kernel should "accept SLBPATH"... if this variable
points to just one folder (SLBPATH=u:\c\multitos\slb), the kernel could
just paste it into the library pathname, so that no disk searching is
needed to be done. But well, I don't know if Gryf likes that idea, because
it again smells like evaluation of the variable :-)

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
|mail: draco@atari.org                  |  Atari Falcon030 user   |

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** U pospolstwa normalne jest, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.