Re: [MiNT] Pine 4.20 (was: List-address)

On 17.11.1999, Jo Even Skarstein <joska@nuts.edu> wrote:

> don't tell me to install smail + sendmail + pop + pine again.

My TT has no pop, smail or sendmail; Pine does everything:  ISP
account using POP3, Fishpool account using IMAP4 and newsgroups
using NNTP. I use the SMTP server on my ISP for sending it all.

Since Pine 4.10, there are also features for handling multiple
accounts (different headers, signature, etc.) and those in 4.20
are even better (all our Linux boxes at work now run on 4.20).

Speaking of which, anybody feeling brave enough to port 4.20, if
possible with Configure options to use /etc/pine.conf and mail
spools in /var/mail also? ;-)

PS:  some ISP's POP servers nowadays can switch to IMAP mode,
     even when accessed using the old Pine 3.96, which I found
     out by accident.

Martin-Éric Racine            The Atari Stacy and TT030 Homepage
Lappeenranta, Finland          http://members.tripod.com/~TT030/
   "When the time comes, I will know and I shall be."  Q-Funk