Re: [MiNT] Where shall we go tomorrow?

> the 68000 kernel to the current state of the standard kernel. So I would
> strongly discourage solution 3. Moving 68000 support to a different
> development level is more or less the same as discarding the 68000
> support at all (at least in the long term).

My point was that the 68k kernel doesn't really need any development at
all apart from maybe the occasional bugfix. How can you expect an ongoing
extention in features of a kernel when you don't want to see any
development in your hardware? At some point you simply reach the STs
limits.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for modularisation where possible. But
sometimes it just makes things too difficult and then I'm not sure if it's
worth it. We already read that the /kern filesystem was too hard to
modularize.

And again I ask, why would "stopping 68K support" mean you suddenly can't
use the ST anymore? The fact that you haven't upgraded your hardware in
years was never a reason to throw the ST out, as you indicated. Why would
this be different for the software?

Groetjes,

Maurits.

| BassMent Productions | Proud sponsor of: |    * P M P * |
| http://www.bassment.demon.nl   *   http://pmp.atari.org |