Re: [MiNT] Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender (fwd)

Hi!

On Tue, Jan 25, 2000 at 12:37:06AM +0000, johnnie ligotage wrote:
>     host prinz-atm.cs.uni-magdeburg.de [141.44.30.2]:
>     550 open relay 194.217.242.90;see:http://www.orbs.org

Well, I'd strongly suggest the admins on your site to take this
seriously - more and more sendmail installations use the ORBS blacklist
to block mail from open relays (which are used by SPAMmers to disguise
their origin and to "load balance" their mass mailings) - although ORBS
seems to have a strange ideology, as they also put hosts on their
blacklist which don't approve their methods.

And the above message says that 194.217.242.90 (which seems to be your
smtp host, I don't have a running TCP connection at the moment) is such
an open relay (or, maybe, just a host of an ISP that's not a friend of
ORBS' methods and got "punished"), and therefore the mail was rejected
by cs.uni-magdeburg.de

Ciao

Thomas

P.S.: Note that I have no first-hand experience with the mentioned
      "punishing" by ORBS, but you'll find reports about that in
      newsgroups and other sources.

--
Thomas Binder (Gryf @ IRCNet)  gryf@hrzpub.tu-darmstadt.de
PGP-key available on request!  binder@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de