RE: [MiNT] serial driver config help

Not correct, ConNect and CoMa works perfectly with the new devices. I
haven't tried anything else, but I would be surprised if properly programmed
RSVF-clients doesn't work. If so, there's a bug in the drivers, but it has
nothing to do with the device-names.

> MiNT and N.AES adds a fine graphical user interface, but when even
> the Control Panel hangs the OS when SERIAL.CPX chokes on
> these new devices
> then IMHO they are no good at all :-(

Serial.cpx works just fine here (Falcon + AB, N.AES 2.0). Modem.cpx doesn't
work, but that's just because everything is greyed out, nothing crashes.
Btw. modem.cpx doesn't use devices at all, and serial.cpx should work with
all RSVF-devices (and apparently it does). None of them works on the
tty-devices, but that really doesn't matter as most (all?) software that use
these configures them themselves. So does most GEM-apps btw.

> Why not stick to the original devicenames besides ttyS[1234]...

Yes, that's my idea as well (see Frank's posting from Monday). That will be
consistent with HS-Modem which everybody else use (and has used for many
years).

Jo Even Skarstein