RE: [MiNT] RSVF cookie?

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:49:50 +0100, Jo-Even.Skarstein wrote:

J>| Btw. the easiest way to avoid all these troubles is to use Frank's new
J>| serial-devices. They install both tty- and RSVF-devices, and so far I
J>| haven't had any problems with it (only tested on my Falcon though). The best
J>| thing about them is that you can remove HS-Modem :-)

That is exactly why I like this concept. But...

On my TT I discovered that the devices do not install correctly. After
booting with only a basic MINT.CNF and the default N_AES.CNF (the one that
comes with the package), I find this in /dev/:

U:\dev\

fd\
arp
audio
aux
bpf0
centr
con
console
gemcon
inet
kbd
masquerade
midi
modem2
mouse
mtask
null
ppp0
ppp1
ppp2
ppp3
prn
random
route
serial0 <<<<< Modem 1
serial2 <<<<< Serial 2
serial3 <<<<< Modem 2
socket
stderr
stdin
stdout
tty
ttyS0 <<<<< Modem 1
ttyS2 <<<<< Serial 2
ttyS3 <<<<< Modem 2
unix
urandom
xconout2
zero

Apparently there are some devices missing (Serial 1, LAN, MIDI). Furthermore,
SERIAL.CPX shows Modem 1 AND serial0, Connect acts the same. When I try to
change some parameters errors occur and the system must be rebooted.

G.