RE: [MiNT] RSVF cookie?

> On my TT I discovered that the devices do not install correctly.

> ttyS0 <<<<< Modem 1
> ttyS2 <<<<< Serial 2
> ttyS3 <<<<< Modem 2
>
> Apparently there are some devices missing (Serial 1, LAN, MIDI).

Btw, LAN == Serial2, because it is the same half of the SCC chip.
The sound chip has one bit that allows selecting which port will
be connected to the SCC; it is documented in HS-Modem.

After reading this thread, I think that Frank's idea could work,
if modified this way:

* Leave the old device names (modem1, serial1, modem2, serial2).

* Install new ttyS* terminals as RSVF devices, using XDD drivers.

* Have a function that makes usage of the "human" and "tty" names
  mutually exclusive:  if one uses Modem1 (with an old terminal
  software), ttyS1 is locked and cannot be used; likewise, if
  someone uses ttyS1, Modem1 is locked and cannot be used.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS