Re: [MiNT] bash question

On 19.1.2000, Maurits van de Kamp <maurits@bassment.demon.nl> wrote:

> My current termcap and terminfo is the one that came with KGMD,
>
> The "atari" entry is certainly well-spread, since it was
> submitted officially and is now in most *ix distributions.
> st52 is in lots of them (although IIRC only termcap and not
> terminfo, or the other way around), and stv52 is supported
> nowhere by default. :)

Btw, this still doesn't explain why Telnet or rlogin to anywhere
correctly retains the key bindings, while ssh never does.

There is a slight workaround, but a dumb one:

First Telnet to my personnal shell account, then ssh to my
employer's network.

Clumsy, but it works.

Still, I wonder what prevents ssh from retaining our key bindings
accross a connection, when using stv52.  Interrestingly enough,
using TosWinII in tw100 mode, the bindings are retained.  Why?

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS