Re: [MiNT] How to unmount a partition?

Hi Jo-Even, on 17 Feb 00 you said:

 UU> There's no need to unmount anything under MiNT - just don't eject the
 UU> disk before the diskcache is flushed. The easiest way to do this is to

I've always worked with a diskcache --even before MiNT-- and I'm very cautious
when I switch everything off.

 UU> eject it from Thing or the CPX you got with HD-Driver (if you *have* HD-
 UU> Driver that is).

Yes, I have HD-Driver... (no other choice on Hades, IIRC) ...but I never though
about using its CPX to eject my cartridges. It's not easy to retrieve it among
all the CPX I have. I don't have Thing but Jinnee. It has a shortcut to eject
any removable medium but the minix.xfs always complains.

I'd prefer there was a real 'umount'; everything would be easier and clearer.
The useless 'sync' isn't enough. That's something our MiNT gurus should think
about, IMHO.

See you later,

Remi Villatel
E-mail: maxilys@normandnet.fr