RE: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

Why? What's the difference between the Milan and a PC that boots straight
into a 68k-emulator? Just the CPU, speed, price and availability...

> Whats the
> use? Run Atari apps on PC? Why?

I'm tired of not being able to get any new hardware. Right now Cortex and
a.g. Computertechnik owes me around NOK4000 (~DEM1000) for hardware they're
obviously not able (or willing) to deliver, they won't even reply to my
mails. I've been in similar situations earlier with Woller and Compo, and
ordering stuff from Scandinavian dealers usually means months (or years) of
waiting and twice the price. The result is that I will never again buy any
"Atari"-hardware, unless I can just pop in at the shop on the corner and get
what I want instantly. This is where the PC comes into the picture.

I have a fairly good PC (225MHz K6, ATI Rage, 3Gb disk, CD-ROM, 64Mb, SB16,
NE2000) that I bought for *less* than the ethernet-card for my TT costs (and
which I *still* haven't received). I can live with having to boot a
68k-emulator when the hardware is so cheap and easy to get...

Jo Even Skarstein

[btw. this is getting off-topic, any replies should probably be sent to me
personally and not the list]