Re: [MiNT] New MiNT distribution is n.. ..pro

On Fri, 18 Feb 2000 15:00:51 +0100 (CET), Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> number of shared libraries, which would be comon and handy. Example, a

Indeed, and the first one should be libc :-) I have been playing around
with SLBs a little bit, trying to make a simple GEM-library (just some
dialog-stuff) just for the sake of it. However, since I lack a libc it's
pretty difficult to write anything decent, the best I could do was to
lock the entire lib whenever it was entered. Not the best solution...

> library providing a simple single-file text editor, a library for
> processing config files, a library for anything else. The point is, that

Again, libc is absolutely necessary. Does anybody here want to port/write
something like this?? I don't ;-)

> would like. As long as we keep supporting TOS ("my program will work even
> on TOS 1.0"), we will never see software that uses the full possibilities

Correct. That's why I don't bother supporting anything else than my setup
and my own needs ;-)

/*
**
*/