Re: [MiNT] New document for New MiNT distribution

On 2000-2-6, Frank Naumann <fnaumann@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> > > The -m68020-60 option implies FPU too. But FPU isn't used
> > > much in the well known packages. I can't remember any package
> > > that will really benefit from FPU support :-).
> >
> > You've obviously never tried to port SSH, nor to use it on Atari.
>
> Ok, one package.

Any math-intensive package benefits from FPU, in general.

> But are you really sure SSH use intensivly floating point
> arithmetic?

Try it for yourself.  First, as a -m68020 compile, then as a
020+FPU.  Here, I see a _big_ improvement in speed with both.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS