Re: [MiNT] kernel 1.15.5

> > Thomas said that too but, when I asked him about that last week,
> > he had apparently changed his mind
>
> You should read your mail more carefully. I said I can't
> recall any bug in thingreg.ovl. I may have forgotten it, but
> my history doesn't mention anything.

I recall you stating it had something to do with thingreg.ovl
many times, but that was over one year ago.  Since then, everyone
seems to have moved on to some more recent beta that doesn't
display any of the bugs.

> If someone can provide me with old mails where I really talk
> about thingreg.ovl or the handling code having a bug, do so.
> But don't forget to include the matching PGP signature, or -
> in case it's a posting - the Deja News ID ...

There is that site in Uk that archives everything and makes it
available online...

> I wrote "Does your problem go away when you rename thing.key to
> thing.kex? Or does it go away when you rename thingimg.ovl to
> thingimg.ovx (yes, thing_img_.ovl)?"

Neither seem to produce much difference.

> As I've not yet got any response to this, it seems you've decided to
> just complain here, instead of showing interest in helping me find the
> problem you have.

I have reported that error code a couple of times, at least
partially (see previous mail), as I recall.

> Besides, the reason N.AES crashes afterwards is that if the
> system shell (i.e. the desktop) has installed its own desktop
> via wind_set(0, WF_NEWDESK, ...), N.AES will crash if the
> system shell now unexpectedly dies. Rainer's informed about
> this.

Now, you know.  Either N.AES or Thing, or both, must be fixed.

--
Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS