Re: [MiNT] bug/virus???

Hi!

On Tue, Mar 28, 2000 at 01:18:59PM +0200, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:
> But if you don't try this from the root account, you cannot be sure
> which '..' entry the rm refuses to delete and for what reason.

I can tell by looking at the access time of the parent directory - it
hasn't changed. I can also tell by running strace under Linux, par under
IRIX and truss under Solaris.

But for completeness' sake, I've just run a `rm -f .*' as root (using
GNU rm, which is the only one the average MiNT-OS-user will have
installed), and it just produced the exact same message, without
touching anything - no difference from the behaviour when run by an
unpriviledged user.

Ciao

Thomas

--