Re: [MiNT] timezone change

> Other unix, Commercial included don't need to run other os on the same
> hardware, switching back and forth.

They do, most Linux users occasionally run Windoze.

> Also, i don't see where the prob is, coz redhat 6.0 (at least)
> installation does the exact same thing when switching from linux to
> microshioft windoz. The clocks are messed up.

Redhat (and prolly all other Linuxes) uses basically the same solution
as MiNT: You can configure whether the hardwareclock ticks in UTC (like
it's supposed to) or in localtime, in other words whether the
timezone-changes should just affect the offset or directly mess with the
hardware clock (brrrr).

> SO the only thing i do here is the old windup clock way. Set everything to
> no timezone and rewind it manually when I change all the clocks in the
> house, including my wrist-watch. Afaik watches don't have timezone (at
> least mine doesn't). And I still like it and very dependant on it.

My solution for my linuxbox which I'll also use for my MiNT system is
this: Configure the unixes like they should be configured, and don't
worry about the fact that tos/windoze don't know what time it is, I use
them in emergencies only anyway. :-)

And my wrist-watch changes automatically.. it's a Messagewatch. ;)