Re: [MiNT] 1.15.7 beta

On Wed, 1 Mar 2000, Martin Nightowl Byttebier wrote:

> Fun is something I don't have for the moment. I don't know why but with the
> latest beta I can't use Freedom 2.05, Zcontrol 0.25a or Xcontrol anymore.
> They all give me a "ILLEGAL INSTRUCTION" warning.
> Can it be that this has something to do with the fact that all the partitions on my
> system are regarded as NEWFS even if I don't have declared that in my
> mint.cnf?

Hello Martin,

I find it weird that you are using a *beta* and yet can not handle the
bugs.
The word beta means something, means something really important, you have
to remember that if a beta/alpha version erases all your DATA, all your
drives and nukes your video/audio cards, This is a risk you are willing to
take. For those who can not afford such risks, there are official
releases which have been proven to work well enough to be publicly
released.

Unless we want to go back to the old days where ONLY a few betatesters are
allowed to the versions and everyone else will have to wait for official
releases. I am very happy the way it is, and also am very careful with
each beta, as I know it can do BIG damages.

Heck even commercial OS (no names) have destroyed my partitions, and this
is an OFFICIAL and COMMERCIAL release.  So I don't think I can complain.

Thank you and take it easy.