Re: [MiNT] Another tale from Remi... ;-)

On Mon, 19 Mar 2000, Remi Villatel wrote:

> I looked on the desktop, I used 'df -k'. The numbers weren't exactly the same
> but, whichever way I calculated it, I found that my 2 minix partitions were
> just above 2.12 Gb. Question: Is this another attack of the "blurred logic" or
> is there some misinformation floating around Minix? I checked those 2
> partitions several times, even uncleany unmounted, no problem so far. Even
> Kobold accepted to work with them, once the free space went below 2 Gb.
> So? Should I stop believing all that I read? (I'm a kinda naive.)  ;-) ...Or
> should I expect some problem sooner or later with these partitions?

>From minixfs docs/mfsdoc.doc :

6. It is possible to make *huge* partitions, theoretically the limit is
4096Gb if your hardware and software can take it (and I don't know
anything that can!). This is achieved *without* increasing the sector
size, unlike the standard TOS filesystems.

--
Anders Eriksson
ae@dhs.nu