Re: [MiNT] Another tale from Remi... ;-)

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 19, 2000 at 02:05:32AM +0100, Anders Eriksson wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2000, Remi Villatel wrote:
> >From minixfs docs/mfsdoc.doc :
>
> 6. It is possible to make *huge* partitions, theoretically the limit is
> 4096Gb if your hardware and software can take it (and I don't know
> anything that can!). This is achieved *without* increasing the sector
> size, unlike the standard TOS filesystems.

2^31 = 2147483647 = LONG_MAX

One of the tools Remi uses is limited to unsigned long when it comes to
addressing the partitions (2.1 GB is LONG_MAX), be it HD-Driver, be it the
kernel or be it the minix driver.  Remi, better change your mind again and
don't use any partitions larger than 2.1 GB.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/