Re: [MiNT] Another tale from Remi... ;-)

Hello!

> The question is: Do these partitions exist or not?

They exist.

> If they appear on the root,
> they exist... but if it's impossible to access them, they don't exist...

This is illogical. A partition can still exist but cannot be accessed. If
you don't load the ext2 xfs you can't access ext2 partitions but they
still exist and still appear on /.

> I made several tests. I put all the partitions of the hard disk in the NEWFATFS
> list, I removed them from it, I used BigDOS... No way! /q, /s /t and /v were
> out of reach. In the meantime, I discovered that, at boot time, HD-Driver
> recognized the partitions only up to P: (that's why I tried BigDOS).

I expect a software problem. I don't know what is wrong for you. My last
partition is W: (VFAT).

For FAT partitions greater than P: you MUST enable the NEWFATFS. The TOSFS
can't handle these partitions. And please don't use BigDOS.

> I looked on the desktop, I used 'df -k'. The numbers weren't exactly the same
> but, whichever way I calculated it, I found that my 2 minix partitions were
> just above 2.12 Gb. Question: Is this another attack of the "blurred logic" or
> is there some misinformation floating around Minix? I checked those 2
> partitions several times, even uncleany unmounted, no problem so far. Even
> Kobold accepted to work with them, once the free space went below 2 Gb.

Are you really sure the partitions are greater than 2 GB?

2 GB = 2048 MB = 2097152 kb = 2147483648 Byte

Tschuess
   ...Frank

--
ATARI FALCON 040 // MILAN 060