Re: [MiNT] newer fixstk?

On 2000-3-27, Tomas Berndtsson <tomas@nocrew.org> wrote:

> I've cross compiled a few programs (in this case cvs and w3m), that
> gives Bus error when trying to run them in MiNT. Anders Eriksson then
> suggested that I'd use fixstk on them, to set the stack size to about
> 100000. But the fixstk I got from him (from KEMD), said it couldn't
> find _stksize.

A new binary format was introduced a while back. Use the "stack"
command from the new bin-utils (or was that mint-utils?) package.
It can change the stack size of both old and new binary formats:

Usage: stack [OPTIONS] INPUTFILE ...
Display and manipulate stack setting of MiNT executables.

Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory to short options too.
  -P, --print                    just print stack size
  -S, --fix=SIZE, --size=SIZE    change stack size to SIZE bytes
  -s, --silent                   print only error messages
  -q, --quiet                    same as -s, --silent
  -v, --verbose                  enable verbose diagnostic output
  -h, --help                     display this help and exit
  -V, --version                  output version information and exit

If INPUTFILE is missing, `a.out' is assumed.

The stacksize is only modified when option -S is given.  The SIZE
argument may optionally be followed by one of the modifiers `k'
(kilo bytes) or `M' (mega bytes).
Report bugs to <gufl0000@stud.uni-sb.de>.

Martin-Éric Racine  http://funkyware.atari.org/  Atari TT030 FAQ
Lappeenranta, Finland.  Surfing on a Intel/Microsoft-free GEM OS