Re: [MiNT] broken LD

On Wed, Apr 05, 2000 at 06:37:02PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> Well, I tried replacing both binutils 2.9.1 and mintutils 0.3
> with fresh RPM's from SpareMiNT, but it still doesn't fix it.
>
> LD refuses to find crt0.o even if I put copies of it in all 3
> possible lib paths.  What could cause this?  Any help is welcome.

Oops, "gcc --print-file-name=crt0.o" will not work if the compiler doesn't
find crt0.o ...

Try "gcc --print-search-dirs" instead and look for the line starting with
"libaries: ".  Following is a colon separated list of library search
paths.  Actually gcc should take the first crt0.o that it finds in one of
these directories.

A possible error condition could be dangling symlinks.

Ciao

Guido
--
http://stud.uni-sb.de/~gufl0000/