Re: [MiNT] Help! BIO-DMA ethernet-card

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000 17:18:28 +0200, Thomas wrote:

> >ifconfig ne0 addr 192.168.1.3
> >route add 192.168.1.0
>
> Have you checked the routing table by simply typing "route"? I have also

Yes.

> bought that Biodata DMA Ethernet card, and when I tried to use it with

This is a VME-card, but I believe the drivers are very similar.

> Mintnet on my ST, I had the strange problem that after I used the ifconfig
> command, it already initialized a route for my IP/network number, but it
> used the lo0 interface instead of the ethernet interface. So I had to do a
> "route del 192.168.x.x" first and then a new "route add 192.168.x.x de0".
> Perhaps this helps?

Unfortunately not.

Mario suggested that I should check the ARP-tables, and after doing this it
looks like this is my problem. On both my PC and TT there are no entries by
default, so I tried adding them manually. I know virtually nothing about
ARP, so I first tried just adding the other computer to each table, and when
that didn't work I added both on both sides. It still doesn't work. There
are some differences in behaviour though, after creating the ARP-tables
ping crashes with a bus-error on the TT (but only the first time), and the
TT freezes completely when I try to ping it from the PC.

I've tried all sorts of things now, including adding a route directly to the
PC to the ethernet-interface. I wish I had a working network to test it on,
as it is now I don't know if it's the PC's or TT's fault :-/

The card and driver is completely undocumented, so I haven't got a clue
what else to do.

/*
**
*/