Re: [MiNT] MiNT lib 55

On Mon, May 15, 2000 at 10:58:51PM +0200, Konrad M. Kokoszkiewicz wrote:

> The CALLM (and RTM) is only present in 020, yes. And the 060 does not have
> some 32-bit multiply/division which is supported by the
> 020/30/040. However, as far as I remember the gcc generated code, the
> compiler does not take this into account allowing the 060 software package
> to emulate the missing instructions. I may be wrong in this point,

Hm - I might be wrong, but I had to upgrade gcc and specify -m68060 to
generate a TOS that runs without the isp060 emulation code (previously, gcc
generated one of the 32-bit mul/div opcodes that were removed on the 060).

> however, this does not imply anything important regarding the 68030
> optimizations.

Right. I would expect the impact of running 060-"optimized" gcc code on a
030 very small compared to 030-"optimized" code.

cu
Michael
--
Michael Schwingen, Ahornstrasse 36, 52074 Aachen