RE: [MiNT] MiNT and MetaDOS

Julian Rescke wrote:

> The correct answer is: yes, I could. But why should I? Which problem do you
> intend to solve by that?

Probably none since you phrase it like that.

> > M-E: Since Spin! supports audio with MetaDOS it's obvious
> > that it's implemented in the XFS itself. Whether this is
>
> ????

No, I didn't say that you implemented the actual hardware-
-related audio-stuff in the XFS, I just pointed out that
since Spin! supported audio it necessarily had to contain
that support in the XFS itself. Just like Spin! supports
data-CDs without having an integrated hardware-driver.

> The reason why I don't want to move the audio support from the BOS driver
> into the XFS is simple: it would prevent you to use somebody else's BOS
> driver -- for instance one that was written to use a CD-ROM on the parallel
> or ROM port.

What's the advantage of using HD-Driver for data-support
when you have to load and use MetaXBS and a BOS-driver for
the same device anyway? Are there any performance-advantages?

Jo Even Skarstein