RE: [MiNT] MiNT and MetaDOS

Petr Stehlik wrote:

> This is kind of an answer for Jo Even: I do have serious problems with
> SCSI CD-ROM (both software and hardware related) and I want to write the
> patch for SCSIDRV/AB40. It's on my TODO list, right below

After installing DMASNOOP it works perfectly on my AB,
although it's a lot slower than it has to (since DMASNOOP
disables all caches not only for the buffer, but for
MetaDOS in general). Speed doesn't matter though, I don't
use the CD-ROM that much anyway.

Btw. without DMA-snoop there are no problems under TOS, it's
just under MiNT I get corrupted files. This doesn't make
much sense IMO, but I'm sure somebody has a good
explanation for that.

> (like e.g. TOS040). Wish I was able to *buy* a free time for programming
> on Falcon - there's so many things that need to be done...

I know what you mean, I was up until 4am this morning trying to figure out why the NewbieMiNT-installer crashes on the TT (it's that %¤"#¤ lha-code I stole). At 6:45 I had
to get up and go to work...

Jo Even Skarstein