Re: [MiNT] 1.15.8b kernel

Hi,

> Of course it has changed in 1.15.8b, because of your \eE ;) But I
> suppose you actually meant some other version number ...

I meant that upto (and exclusively) 1.15.8m the welcome message was
printed correctly, and in 1.15.8 not.

> > If something looks ugly, changing this to more esthetic look _is_ a
> > necessity IMHO. We can only discuss on how to do the change.
>
> If something looks ugly _on your computer only_, I don't think it's even
> enough reason to discuss about a kernel change for just that problem,

Well, you just stated that if some bug appears only on 1 machine, it
shouldn't be not only fixed, but even reported. :)

Anyways, and it came to my mind a bit later, the 1.15.8 I had was also the
first  compiled with gcc 2.95.2. This may be the problem, since that
kernel also returned garbage version number and build date when
interrogated via Ssystem() and so on. I'll reinstalle the compiler today,
then tell you, what is the later story of the so critical VT-52 command.

Gtx,

--
Konrad M.Kokoszkiewicz
mail: draco@atari.org

** Ea natura multitudinis est,
** Taka to juz natura pospolstwa, ze albo sluzy ono unizenie,
** albo bezczelnie sie panoszy.